SENIOR LIGHTING DESIGNER
Our client is a lighting design practice specialising in residential projects worldwide and offer a complete and bespoke lighting service from design layout to specification, procurement, installation and commissioning.
Working with the latest technology they are at the forefront of innovative and inspirational lighting design for both interior and exterior projects as well as landscapes and art installations. Used effectively, lighting can transform a pace, uniting architectural features with the interior design, creating impact or serenity.
Due to expansion we are seeking a Senior Lighting Designer for them:
Role and Responsibilities
- Working within a team environment to produce concept and detailed design packages, including AutoCAD plans and design details, specifications and schedules, prepare sketch design proposals, mood boards and liaise with architects, interior designers, equipment suppliers and installing contractors.
- Effective project management of the design service including the preliminary meeting, preparation of plans, revisions, further support/progress and commissioning
- New business development through developing and maintaining good working relationships with architects, designers and electricians.
- Design innovative and inspirational lighting schemes and ensure the client envisages and understands the proposal, producing relevant technical luminaire schedules
- Attend site visits (this can mean early starts and late evenings depending on the location)
- Independently source the fittings from a wide range of suppliers and ensure a balance between quality and cost
- Communicate with architects and suppliers on a regular basis
- Research and development to ensure that you keep up to date with the latest technologies and thinking
- Attend lighting exhibitions and trade shows
- Organised and efficient
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Able to manage workload and meet deadlines without fail
- Good spatial awareness and ability to think in 3D
- Well-presented and fluent in written and spoken English
- Flexible, friendly and happy to work in a small team
Lighting design; Project management; New business development; AutoCAD; Excel; Driving licence
Experience in a lighting design studio
AutoCAD; All PC Windows based programs (Word, Excel, Power point)
If you can provide:
- Professional lighting design experience
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates both creative and technical knowledge and skills associated to lighting design
- IT skills including Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, DIALux
- Ability to juggle a number of projects at any one time
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Outlook required.
- Excellent written and spoken English, well presented.
- Have a full driving licence and own a car
You could be the perfect candidate!
To apply please submit your CV to email@example.com
Teamwork Selection Ltd acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies and an Employment Business in relation to temporary vacancies. We always like to speak to every applicant but due to the current climate this is not possible therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 days please assume that you have been unsuccessful in this instance. Teamwork Selection is an equal opportunities employer.